Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Goal for 2015

I started the 10Kstudent in Nov-2014 to share my experiences of learning Investment valuation. Last 6 weeks I have created 33 posts and touched on basic aspects of Valuation and Investment psychology. The highlight of my effort was quick valuation of 194 companies all belonging to Tech sector.

1. As of now I have not had any format training in Investment valuation. In order to get a sense of how professionals value businesses. I have enrolled in a 6 week course offered by Investment Banking Institute. It’s a weekend course for professionals where the instructor (who is an experienced Investment Banking professional) lectures on general topics pertaining to the Investment Banking field.

2. In 2014 I was able to a quick valuation of a lot of IT companies. This year I will expand on my knowledge about those companies and go deeper in their businesses. Especially study the acquisitions going on in the field. This would build my business acumen in the IT field that I can further use in my career.

3.Broaden my business acumen by reading 10-k / 10-q reports of businesses in other sectors and develop quick valuations similar to what I did for Tech sector.